We all are aware that chemical based shampoos though offer deep cleansing to our hair, but at the same time, they can be damaging and even sometimes result in devastating results. It is because such shampoos contain aerosols and chemicals that might not be the healthiest solution for your hair.
So, what to do?
The best solution is to use ‘DIY Dry Shampoo!’
If you want to know how it can be done and why you must use it, then first let me share you the DIY Dry Shampoo recipe from a leading expert hairstylist.
Preparing DIY Dry Shampoo
The best thing about this dry shampoo is that it is all natural and suitable for all hair colors. So as the first step, you need to select a base for your shampoo. You can choose between cornstarch or blended oatmeal, one that suits you better.
The second step is to select a favorite color for your shampoo. For this, you need to add appropriate ingredients. Here I have listed few options that will give you the perfect hair color that you wish to get:
- Charcoal for Black Color
- Cocoa Powder for Brown Color
- Cinnamon for Red Color
- Arrowroot for Blonde Color
- Sidewalk Chalk for a Colorful Shampoo
Surely you want your DIY dry shampoo to be not just an effective cleanser but also a powerful solution to solve your various hair problems, like dandruff, itchy scalp, and more. For this, you may add suitable ingredients that can be selected from below:
If you have dandruff then you may add fenugreek for light hair and coffee for dark hair.
If you want your shampoo to impart additional strength and sun protection then you need to add rice flour.
To get rid of extra oily hair problem and avail shiny hair you may add calcium Bentonite clay for light hair and active charcoal for darker hair.
You can always add an aromatic fragrance to your DIY shampoo but just add natural deodorizers. Eucalyptus oil, lemongrass oil, peppermint oil, orange oil, and more others can be considered. You can select anyone that is your personal favorite!
To prepare the shampoo you need to take a bowl and mix equal portions of your base powder and ingredient selected to get the perfect color. Mix well with a spoon or brush.
You can apply the shampoo using your fingers or an old makeup brush. Apply the powder to your roots and oily parts of the hair. An easy way is to comb the powder shampoo all through your hair.
Make sure you always do a patch test before you apply the powder on your scalp. This is important to ensure that you do not experience any reaction to the mixture. If it is safe then apply the shampoo and enjoy using it.
Benefits of Ingredients Used in DIY Dry Shampoo
While this DIY shampoo is surely amazing and delivers awesome results, it is but essential for you to know why we have selected these ingredients. So, check the benefits of these ingredients and why they are good for your hair.
- Active Charcoal – This is a black colored powder that naturally and gently extracts excess oil and toxins from the hair. It deep cleanses the hair and even pulls out harmful toxins offering great relief to itchy scalp and dandruff.
- Arrowroot– This is an excellent option for those who have blonde color hair and is great to combat bad odor.
- Blended Oatmeal– Oatmeal is rich in antioxidants and is power-packed with antibacterial properties. It gives shine to dull hair and fights various scalp problems.
- Calcium Bentonite Clay– This is healing clay that holds the ability to absorb excess toxins and offer a deep cleansing feeling.
- Cocoa Powder– This ingredient is excellent for brown hair. It smells great and even enhances blood circulation thereby stimulating hair growth.
- Cinnamon– If you suffer from redheads, or itchy scalp problem, or hair fall problem, then this is an ideal solution for you. It is antibacterial and even prevents infections.
- Rice Flour– This flour is great to protect your hair from sun damage. It even relieves sunburns and enhances the texture of your hair making them straight and soft.
- Fenugreek– It is excellent to fight scalp issues and dandruff.
- Cornstarch– This ingredient absorbs excess oil and is good for those with oily hair problem.
- Coffee– Coffee combats dandruff, stimulates the roots and makes your hair stronger, shinier, and more manageable.
Reasons for Using DIY Dry Shampoo
Dry shampoo can deeply clean your hair and impart natural shine and strength to the hair. It ensures that your hair becomes healthy, smell wonderful, and at the same time are not damaged. This shampoo is even great to remove grease, dirt, and other build ups.
So, try this dry shampoo and see the results yourself. Trying this is a great idea as it is prepared from all natural products and hence will not cause any damage to your hair.
Author Bio: Yuan Chen is a Manager at T1Hairs- Online Peruvian Hair Extension. He has more than 6 years of experience in Hairdressing Industry and has a good reputation in this field.