There are a lot of preparation that is needed to be done before taking the wedding vows. This is one day of your life that you want to be perfect. This is the reason, why couples put in extra effort in order to ensure perfection. Wedding rehearsal dinner is one of the most underrated aspects of pre-wedding preparations.
This dinner takes place at the groom’s place. After the bride and groom rehearse the entire ceremony on the eve of the wedding, the entire family and guests settle down for a dinner. You are the host of this event and hence you need to ensure that everything is flawless. The article brings forth a guide for all the grooms-to-be for their rehearsal dinner. Read on to learn how to make the day memorable for your bride and her loved ones.
What do you need to prepare in advance?
This is the first question that might pop into your mind. Decide the venue a couple of week before the day. You can book a banquet hall or you can make the arrangements at your home. However, make sure that the location is convenient for the guests. The next thing that you need to ensure is the bookings. Book the hotel or restaurant way in advance, otherwise, you may face difficulty during the wedding season.
What should be the menu for the dinner?
This is another very important thing factor. There are certain things that you need to keep in mind while selecting the menu for the traditional meal. Take the advice of your bride and decide accordingly. You can jazz up the entire dinner with a fancy appetizer. This will allow you to keep a check on the budget. Book the caterers if you are planning to have the dinner at home. Moreover, the menu should match the theme of your wedding. Other than this, you need to consider your guests. Try to include the food that everyone will enjoy. Keep the option of both vegetarian food and meat. Don’t forget to offer drinks as a part of the menu.
How to dress for the day?
The big day is yet to come, but this won’t reduce the importance of this get-together. You will be the center of attraction, after the bride of course. So, you need to dress well and don an impressive look. Listed below are some of the ways that can help you dress to the nines.
Check them out.
1. Formals are the only option for the various ceremonies of the wedding. However, you need to strike the right note between being overdressed and being casual. Select the right set of apparel. A light colored shirt paired with a dark trouser and a dark suit is an ideal combination. While shopping for your wedding, make a list of shades that suits your skin tone as well as personality and shop accordingly. You can ditch a tie or bow tie if you want.
2. Make sure that the clothes are lightweight and cozy. This is the last dinner of your bachelorhood. So, all you need to do is to enjoy it to the fullest. Keep it simple and sleek, so that, you can relax.
3. Accessorize your outfit with sophisticated accessories. Pair a timeless wristwatch and pocket square with the attire. You can even don a bracelet and a pair of cufflink along with it. The entire ensemble should match your clothes. The right set of accessories can take your style to new heights.
4. Shoes convey the personality of the wearer. This is the day when all the eyes will be on you. So, wear a neat and well-polished pair of shoes. Masculine colors like black, brown are ideal options.
5. Groom yourself appropriately for the day. Shave well and get your haircut done a week before the dinner. Otherwise, you will end up getting that “just cut” look. Make sure that your clothes are clean and well-ironed.
6. Wear a cozy pair of men’s underwear for the day. It is a long day and feeling comfortable down there is equally important. The high rise cut of brief underwear is perfect as it won’t bunch up even during the hectic day. Check the size of the underneath article. It should not be very tight or loose. Other than this, the fabric should be airy and comfortable.
7. One of the most important thing that you need to consider while shopping is the color combination of the attire as well as accessories. The color of the suit, belt and shoes should match your trouser. The entire ensemble should complement the shade of your shirt.
Having discussed all the above point, it is important to mention that this is the time for you to relax with your family and friends. This will help you reduce anxieties just a day before the ‘big day’. So, prepare well and enjoy the day to the fullest.